One of the first questions that I get when talking to my potential Stylee PR clients is: “How do I start a blog?” According to a recent study from Hubspot, who canvassed 167 small to medium sized business owners and executives, one of the most effective marketing practices includes a successful blog.
Starting a blog is very simple and it is also free, you do not need to buy a domain, just simply pick your blog name on one of the popular blog hosting sites like blogger or wordpress. Here are five tips to get you started on the road to creating a successful blog.
1. Create great content – this is the most important thing you can do. Great content is what attracts users, and keeps them coming back. A blog with great content is also more likely to be discovered in search engines.
2. Pick a niche – picking a certain topic to blog on will ultimately be better for your blog in the end. It brings targeted readers are more likely to spend more time on your site and more likely to come back. If you advertise on your blog, targeting specific users will benefit you.
3. Don’t advertise too much – while advertising can be profitable for you, too much advertising can drive many readers away from your blog. Advertise, but don’t overdo it.
4. Create a schedule – posting on a schedule is good for two reasons. First, your readers know that you will be posting new content regularly. Secondly, it helps you stay committed and motivated in what you are doing.
5. Experiment – and have fun with it. It is your blog, it does not belong to someone else. You are free to do whatever you want with it. Don’t be afraid to try new things. There is no specific approach to blogging. What works for someone else may not work for you.
Want more tips on creating a successful blog? Go to http://www.blogging-in-action.com/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Marcus_Johnston