Some call it a modern day surf shop, others an action sports center. Any way you put it, Air & Earth are simply “big kid” toy stores owned by Elea Faucheron and Adam Von Ins in in Mount Pleasant, SC. Adam and Elea are so thankful for the support Charleston has given them this year, they want to give back by helping every kid, little or big, get a toy this holiday. Air & Earth’s 13 Days of Xmas Toy Drive, a collection of new and used toys for those in need, starts on Black Friday, November 27, 2009.
Air & Earth’s 13 Days of Christmas are focused on making toys available to those in need. They are giving back in two ways:
1. They are collecting both New and Used toy donations. There are several drop-off locations. The first is at Air & Earth’s shop by the Mt. Pleasant Target @ 1313 Long Grove Drive. They’ll also be donating staff (AKA Santa’s Xtreme Elves) along with the Earth Mobile Skate Park, their large funky truck, to set up various mobile collection points at high traffic shopping areas. As a bonus, each donator will receive a free Air & Earth gift card.
New Toy donations need to be in original packaging. To support the recycling efforts of the store, the owners are also asking for used board sport donations in good condition. Bring any board that is gathering dust in your closet, either it is a skateboard, surfboard, skim board, body board, snowboards or kiteboard. They are also collecting things associated with these sports: like used helmets, pads and wetsuits.
Air & Earth are accepting donations from both individuals, and businesses. Donations will go to various charitable groups such as Toys for Tots, Charleston Boys & Girls Club, local Churches and any other groups needing toys. They will pick up.
2. To help you get a new toy or a gift, Air & Earth are giving away free Gift Cards to the first 113 people through their doors the day after Thanksgiving November 27, 2009. They’re starting the 13 Days of Xmas on Black Friday. These gift cards can be used to get a toy to donate, or give to someone you know. The store will also offer large discounts, starting Nov. 27, on their most popular items such as skateboards for $25, wetsuits for $50, and 50% off sunglasses.
Air & Earth’s two-story surf, skate and kite sports center is located at 1313 Long Grove Drive, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464.
For more information on Mobile Drop-off locations, donation details & requests, Black Friday events and the 13 daily featured items:
• Online: 13days.catchsomeair.us
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 843-388-9300
• Texting: Text “13days” to 41-411 for mobile drop locations and 13 days special items.