Robert Lange Studios in Charleston Issues Call for Submissions for a Group Show
This show will be from 5:30 – 8:30 on Friday, November 5 and is open to the public. The fine art weekend events include exhibits on Friday, plein air demonstrations in Washington Park during the day on Saturday with the Charleston Art Auction to follow Saturday night. The show will be a celebration of contemporary women painters and held at Robert Lange Studios’ 2 Queen Street location. In addition to the weekend events, the Gibbes Museum will be displaying works by prominent women painters, including a collection of paintings by Henrietta Johnson, who in 1707 became America’s first woman artist by painting portraits in Charles Towne’s (now Charleston).
S U B M I S S I O N S
All paintings must be by women of women. Email submissions to email@example.com (subject line Women Painting Women Submission). You do not need to submit the work(s) you would like in the show, you can email a few images of other works and then create something once you know you are participating.
If you are new to our group shows here’s the short of it: Traditional 50/50 split of sales, unless you are exclusively in a gallery whose contract won’t let you participate in group shows unless they receive a portion of the sales, in which case it is a RLS Gallery 30/Gallery 30/Artist 40 split, we cover shipping work back to the artist. You will receive an official show contract once your accepted with more details.
– Email submissions as soon as you can.
– September 1 National Press Deadline. We must have all participants names and images for advertising. If your piece is not complete that’s ok, it will just not be included in the press kit.
– October 15 Local Press Deadline, Mailers, Email blasts
– All work received by Oct. 27 All pieces must be framed and ready to hang.
– We will be hanging the show on Nov. 1
– Show opens on Nov. 5 (come, drink, have fun!!) and it will come down at the end of the month.